Two major things that relax me are beauty and cooking, or gin – but let’s stick with beauty and cooking shall we? I have made my own beauty products countless times before and always enjoy the process; stood in the kitchen making a mess and singing along to Spotify, then having something new and pretty at the end of it… Before promptly leaving the kitchen mess to use my new beauty products.
First up I ventured in to the messy world of DIY face masks using Oats and Yoghurt (not my breakfast I promise). Here’s how you can make the face mask too, which by the way is perfect for the weather/season.
- Add a squeeze of a fresh lemon in to a bowl of oats
- Mix in some natural yoghurt, honey and vanilla essential oils
- Leave in the fridge until your pamper session
- To use just massage this into the skin for a few minutes to let the ingredients work their magic, then leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing off.
This time of year plays havoc with my lips so I always have a lip scrub on my desk at work and lip balms galore stashed all over. Although this wasn’t as nice as the Lush ones I use it was still fun to make, which I did by:
- Adding brown sugar to a bowl and mixing in some cinnamon flavouring
- Pour in some honey to bond it all together and ‘cos honey is delicious
- Mix in some coconut oil, because it’s in everything lately
- Have a good stir of your concoction and add it to a little potDo you make your own beauty products? It’s amazing what you can cook up from the kitchen, and not just food.
Do you make your own beauty products? It’s amazing what you can cook up from the kitchen, and not just food.